These publications, learning lessons, and case studies will help you learn the basics of imported fire ant biology and management.
- Fire Ant Control: The Two-Step Method and Other Approaches
- Managing Imported Fire Ants in Urban Areas
- Management of Imported Fire Ants in Cattle Production Systems
- The Latest Broadcast on Fire Ant Control Products
More Publications from Individual States and Agencies
Learning Lessons for Adults
Learning Lessons for 3rd – 5th Grade Age Range
- Invaders by Sea: Imported Fire Ants (How imported fire ants came to the United States)
- Fire Ant Physiques (How the different body parts of a fire ant fit together)
- Life in a Fire Ant Family (See the different life stages of the fire ant, play the Life Cycle Game)
- Living It Up in a Fire Ant Nest (See how all those ants live together in a small dark place, play the Mound of Trouble Matching Game)
- A Fire Ant Smorgasbord (See what kinds of foods fire ant eat, learn about food preferences)
- Fire Ants and Big-Headed Ants and Crazy Ants — Oh, My! (How to tell imported fire ants from other common ants, play the Be An Ant Scientist and the Be An Ant Detective Game)
- Ouch! I’ve Been Stung By a Fire Ant (Learn more about how a fire ant stings)
Fire Ant Management Success Stories
- What Fire Ant Problem?
There are other resources on fire ants on the web sites of participating land grant universities. The following link will help you find these resources.