Fire Ant Management Product Evaluations
Guidelines for arrangements made between Texas AgriLife Extension Service and those interested in developing imported fire ant management products are outlined in the fact sheet Animal and Plant Health Protection Evaluation Protocol.
- Forms needed for submission to Texas AgriLife Extension Service administration are available at the Texas AgriLife Administrative Services website.
- The primary document is the Memorandum of Agreement. (Choose Form AG-114E for Extension, Form AG114-R for Research.)
- Request for Non-disclosure Agreement, if needed.
- In order to do specific work, a detailed protocol for testing is to be developed and attachment to the MOA.
- At any time, the agency may accept cash gifts using the Unrestricted Cash Contribution Agreement form (Form AG-102).
A number of fact sheets are provided at the Texas Imported Fire Ant Management Plan website to assist those developing imported fire ant control products:
- How to Select, Apply, and Develop Insecticides for Imported Fire Ant Control (Fact Sheet 30)
- Amounts of insecticide ingredients using various treatment approaches (Fact Sheet 031)
For more information about fire ant product evaluations, contact:
Dr. Robert Puckett
Assistant Professor and Extension Entomologist – College Station
Texas A&M University
Department of Entomology
Center for Urban & Structural Entomology 2143 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2143
Phone: 979-458-0853 (USA)