Information on the imported fire ants in Tennessee website is very similar to that found on the eXtension site except for the following:
- Many products registered for use in Tennessee and their use sites can be found under Updates.
- The quarantine map and a list of partially and entirely quarantined Tennessee counties are updated annually and are also found under Management – Quarantine. Streets and other landmarks that define the quarantine are listed in detail for the partially quarantined counties.
- Although USDA-APHIS-PPQ publishes a list of products that can be used in the quarantine, we have verified registration in Tennessee and added a list of distributors for these products Updates.
- On the Maps page, maps of the fire ant “species” distribution, phorid fly distribution as well as the current quarantine maps can be found.
- Some of the Tennessee Extension Agent Fire Ant Management Demonstrations are also posted to our website.