Additional information about fire ant control can be found on several other sites including universities and state and federal agencies. Publications cover topics related to fire ant control such as quarentine requirements, fire ant range and expansion, area-wide fire ant suppression and plant protection.
General Information, National and International Entities:
- Federal Quarantine Treatment Requirements
- Imported Fire Ant and Soil Inhabiting Pest Control
- Natural Agricultural Library Invasive Species Information Center
- Potential Global Range Expansion of the Invasive Fire Ant, Solenopsis invicta
- Union of Concerned Scientists Invasive Species Program
- USDA-ARS Areawide Fire Ant Suppression
- USDA-ARS FORMIS – A Master Bibliography of Ant Literature
- USDA ARS Imported Fire Ant and Household Insects Research
- NAPIS Pest Tracker– The National Agricultural Pest Information System (NAPIS) stores and manages pest survey data that is collected by CAPS and other PPQ survey programs. Detection surveys are one tool used to manage the introduction of exotic pests.
- California Department of Food and Agriculture Red Imported Fire Ant Eradication/Control Program
- Orange County Fire Ant Authority Update: Orange County Fire Ant Authority is now part of the Orange County Vector Control District.
- Coachella Valley Red Imported Fire Ant Program Link to Coachella Valley Association of Governments. No website currently exists for the Fire Ant Program. (Mar 2011)
- No resources listed